Frequently Asked Questions
With the unique double-patented Cross My Heart Swaddle™ system, you are not forced to use the same approach each and every time. Babies are different. Food, environment, growth, and personality all play a part in how your baby soothes, grows, swaddles and sleeps. After interviewing hundreds of parents we determined the best swaddle leaves room for all these variables. Sometimes its warm and you want arms up and legs out, sometimes Mom had something spicy for lunch and baby is a bit gassy; legs in, arms in helps digestion. Sometimes it’s sleep baby needs more than soothing. With the Cross My Heart Swaddle™, you can loosen and tighten and move arms and legs specifically for your babies best rest. Bouncer or no bouncer, onesie or PJ’s, car seat or not – you name it! There is a Cross My Heart Swaddle™ for any and everything you desire for your little ones comfort.
Our Cross My Heart Swaddle™ is so easy to use that we cross our hearts with a 30 day money back guarantee!
Got Questions? We’ve got the answer to your swaddle needs!
So what are you really looking for in a swaddle?
Learn about the features and benefits
How safe is Cross My Heart Swaddle™?
Keeping your baby from breaking out of the swaddle is a very important safety consideration, especially if it results in an unsecured, loose swaddle. Not only is the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ extremely safe through its design and unique fastening system, Cross My Heart Swaddle™ is the most effective and versatile swaddle on the market, hands down – or hands-up.
Learn about the features and benefits.
How well does the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ work, really?
What is so unique about the Cross My Heart Swaddle™?
Well, let me ask you; how do you prefer to swaddle? Arms up? Arms down? In a sack? Perhaps Arms-only (no sack, pod, cocoon, or pouch) when overheating is a concern?
Our answer to all these questions is what makes us so unique. With Cross My Heart Swaddle™, you no longer have to choose. Cross My Heart Swaddle™ is a premium, modular swaddle and instead of locking-in to one single approach every time, you can now have it all, in one safe and reliable swaddle system. We have created a great product and a unique approach to swaddling, unlike any other product on the market, and with more options and more paths to a successful swaddling experience. So, if you prefer swaddling hands up, or maybe your baby reacts more favorably to swaddling with arm-down. Or maybe you have concerns with overheating but still want the benefits of swaddling. Or perhaps you occasionally just want to use a sleep sack instead of blankets and without a full swaddle. Our answer to all of these is simply, “yes.”
Up to what age can I use the Cross My Heart Swaddle™?
How does one-size-fits-all work on the Cross My Heart Swaddle™?
Do you offer a guarantee?
What about those reports that say swaddling increases the risks of SIDS?
You may find value in reviewing this interesting NPR Science Desk article, just recently published, regarding the highly talked about study that has so many up in arms about the safety of swaddling. The articles reveal’s that the aforementioned study is really a meta-analysis, which essentially means that it is an analysis on previously conducted research, not new research. Not to bely the potential value that studying old data can offer but it is important to understand the context of that study and it appears that many people may not. This articles brings to the forefront just what that study set out to accomplish and what its conclusions were. In short, it did no conclude much at all, in terms of new definitive information. Instead, it uncovered much of what we already knew, including not to wrap too tight, the importance of placing babies on their backs when they sleep, swaddled or not, and to discontinue swaddling as soon as babies can roll over onto their stomach.
Swaddling Articles, Sleep Studies and Research
Need some positive reinforcement about why swaddling is good vs bad? Read this revealing 2007 article from the American Academy of Pediatrics: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/120/4/e1097
Here are some of the salient points of the article:
- Swaddled infants sleep longer
- Swaddled infants arouse less
- Swaddling can actually improve neuromuscular and motor development, and decrease physiologic distress
- Effective swaddling reduces the rate of SIDS
Bottom line: Babies cry less and sleep longer
Here are additional swaddling articles and research
- This study examines safety risks involving wearable blankets and swaddle wraps. Conclusions included the importance of swaddling in the supine position as well as other factors related to creating a safe sleep environment.
- Harvey Karp discusses how swaddling boosts sleep and reduces other infant risks.
- This American Academy of Pediatrics article discusses different medical practitioner views on the swaddle-related safety and efficacy issues. Some of the viewpoints discussed includes the benefits of securing their arms, avoiding hip dysplasia and knowing when to discontinue the practice.
- This ISPID study reveals the positive effects that swaddling has on relieving tension and improving sleep patterns and also stresses the importance of laying baby in the supine position.
- This article references an American Academy of Pediatrics study discusses the impact that swaddling has on improving sleep, while reducing crying and irritability. The Article discusses the benefits of placing swaddled infants on their backs and limiting arm movement, which led to an increase in sleep as well as nonrapid eye movement (NREM).
What Are Your Terms and Conditions of Use?
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Cross My Heart Swaddle™ at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ web site are provided “as is”. Cross My Heart Swaddle™ makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cross My Heart Swaddle™ does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Cross My Heart Swaddle™ or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ Internet site, even if Cross My Heart Swaddle™ or a Cross My Heart Swaddle™ authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on CrossMyHeart’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. CrossMyHeart does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. CrossMyHeart may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. CrossMyHeart does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Cross My Heart Swaddle™ has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Cross My Heart Swaddle™ of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Cross My Heart Swaddle™ web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Cross My Heart Swaddle™ System
Phone: 301-887-3921 Fax: 301-887-3921
U.S. Patent No. 8,910,332 U.S. Patent No. 9,060,549
Share our products with your friends and family!